Monday, August 16, 2010

Athena’s Inlay And Some Links

Athena sent in two pics of her first inlay tests using the Taig CNC mill. athena01

A cross in silver and abalone.

athena02

"A shot of a little test I ran yesterday.  I have tons of designs for fretmarker inlays.  One is little silhouettes of various pistols and rifles.  I did a test run of an Uzi to see what it would look like in real life.  It's less than a half inch tall.   My builder friend is going to make an M1 Carbine theme guitar I'm designing an inlay for right now, so guns are kind of a theme now."

And some links:

Caligari’s Truespace 3D Model software is now free

Dean put up details of his Taig mill Countershaft

Youtube video about a hidden door company that happens to use a Taig mill. (0:42 to 0:46)

No comments:

Post a Comment