Saturday, December 13, 2014

Ken Miller’s Mill Motor Conversion

“At long last the mill motor conversion is complete. I milled the adjustment slot manually using my rotary table, it came out perfectly. It did require a longer belt, and I needed to bump the motor mount column up just a hair to get the belt to align properly. I have all the original pulley ratios and speed control at the touch of a knob. Being able to slow the cutter down really made a difference on a couple of test cuts in some 6061 aluminum.
The motor controller head unit has an option to wire a remote unit, so I'll be doing that next. It will attach somewhere on the mill column and bring out just the speed adjustment and a Run/Stop switch.. I haven't worked out all the details on the housing and mount as yet.”

kenmill01 kenmill02

No comments:

Post a Comment